3.11.2013

Breakfast Casserole with Herb Seasoned Stuffing

When you have a baby things don't always go as planned. 
Okay they like never go as planned.
So when I invited friends over for breakfast last week I knew I needed a dish that I could make in advance.
I could just see the baby throwing a fit or having a diaper blowout while I was trying to get breakfast ready.
Then my friends would walk in on a hot mess, both me and baby and immediately regret saying yes to breakfast at my house with a screaming poop covered baby and a disheveled mom.
You get the picture?
Not pretty. 
So a breakfast casserole that you make the night before (when baby is sleeping) was the obvious route to take.
This dish is easy to make and the herb stuffing adds such a nice flavor.
Give it a try this weekend!


Ingredients:
- 1 roll of breakfast sausage, regular or hot
- 1 package of Pepperidge Farm herb seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack, shredded
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Start by cooking the sausage and onion, crumbling, until browned. Drain and set aside.

2. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Spread herb seasoned stuffing on the bottom. Top with the cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Sprinkle cooked sausage and onion mixture over the cheeses.

3. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the half and half and milk. Season with salt and pepper.

4. Pour egg mixture over sausage. Cover and refrigerate over night.

5. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

No comments: